The Internet is a part of everyday life for education, business and social interaction. The school has a duty to provide children with quality Internet access as part of their learning experience and is an entitlement for children who show a responsible and mature approach to its use.
- We aim to equip children with the skills and knowledge to use technology appropriately and responsibly.
- We ensure that children learn in an environment where security measures are balanced appropriately with the need to learn effectively.
- We teach children how to recognise the risks associated with technology and how to deal with them, both within and outside the school environment.
- We are knowledgeable of the fact that our children use the Internet widely outside school and therefore need to learn how to evaluate Internet information and to take care of their own safety and security.
- We ensure that pupils are aware of the potential e-safety risks associated with the use of ICT and mobile technologies, and that pupils feel able and safe to report incidents and abide by the school’s e-safety rules.
- We provide opportunities for parents/carers to receive e-safety education and information, to enable them to support their children in developing good e-safety behaviour.
http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk - educational material
http://www.saferinternet.org.uk/ - click on the Parents & Carers section