Residential School Journey
NB: Parents' meeting to be held on Tuesday 25th June at 3.00pm
Every year, we offer our Year 6 pupils the opportunity to enjoy a short residential trip to Kingswood Centre, Grosvenor Hall in Ashford.
Kingwood are a leading residential activity centre provider, responsible for delivering safe and rewarding education programmes to over 165,000 children every year. By combining many National Curriculum-linked modules with thrilling outdoor and indoor adventure activities, the tri is sure to provide your children with a wealth of new experiences outside the classroom whilst developing key learning outcomes.
Residential courses organised by the school are, of course, an optional but invaluable part of the National Curriculum. Pupils benefit hugely from the experience, both educationally and socially and we feel certain that the programme which we choose will prove to be both enjoyable and very worthwhile.
Pupils have a wonderful time at this ideally suited nearby venue. A letter is sent home at the start of the term in September and the countdown begins to an exciting adventure!
Kingswood Residential, Grosvenor Hall, Ashford
EXTRACT FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
"An adventure to remember"
An adventure to remember, a taste of independence, a rush of adrenaline, a breath of fresh air, a sense of achievement and making memories that last a lifetime. That’s what we’re here for.
We are raising the bar to provide the very best outdoor learning experiences. A Kingswood adventure utilises experiential education and non-academic ways of learning to provide a taste of independence, the chance to make lifelong memories and gain a sense of achievement. The experience equips pupils with skills for their future and broadens their horizons to the opportunities available to them.
There’s no doubt that school residential memories can last a lifetime, and creating unforgettable experiences is what we’re here to do.
For nearly 40 years we have ensured that a Kingswood residential encourages the development of life skills and helps everyone to reach their full potential in a way that’s inclusive and puts personal development at the core of what we do. Through taking young people out of the classroom, we believe that school residentials have the power to make the primary and secondary education experience more real, more tangible and even more memorable.
- Outdoor: Extensive ropes park with a multitude of apparatus including a triple zipwire, 3G swing and double fan descender
- Indoor: Indoor swimming pool complex for all weather activities and sports, plus a Blu-ray cinema and an impressive 25,000 square foot sports hall
- Gift shop: Our on-site shops sell snacks and drinks, as well as postcards, souvenirs, games and mementos
- Other facilities: Diner, shop, chill out areas, party leader lounges, separate kitchen allowing for specific faith groups’ catering needs to be met, and a spacious and well-equipped learning zone
- NEW! We’ve spent the past year building a brand new lake and we're pleased to announce we can offer watersports at Grosvenor Hall. Outdoor watersports activities now include raft building and canoeing."